Thursday, September 11, 2008

I suck at blogging

Remember how I started blogging and I was going to be so diligent to update and bare my struggles and joys? Well, apparantly I was a lot of talk because I have a hard time keeping up with my blog these days :) Anyways, the past month has been a good month...I'll try to update you as best as I can...here are some fun things that have happened:

1. I have gotten to Harry Potter book # 6 and am still loving it. We watched all of the movies (there are only 5 so far) over labor day weekend and book 6 is proving to be my favorite so far, since there is no movie yet and I have no idea what to expect...but EVERYONE says book 7 is the best, so we'll see :)

2. Eric turned 26 on August 13. We had a fun day with his family and a great dinner with The Walkers, Sandlins and Smiths...our closest couple friends :)

3. The Walkers decided to adobt a little girl...Selena from Guatemala. I know that's not about us, but since they are such good friends, it is still exciting! Pray for them though because they won't be able to go through the actual adoption process for a long time because Guatemala can't get their act together. But, they are visiting her often and she's so cute! We hope to visit her with them one day in the near future.

4. Work has been busier than normal because of budget season and staff retreat planning, but I like to be busy. Bleecker is in Sudan right now, so it's a good time for me to get caught up on Staff Retreat...which is right around the corner in October!

5. Eric and I planned a road trip and we will leave September 27. Our destination is Asheville, NC where we will be attending a Marrige Retreat for couples in ministry. We are way pumped! Anyways, we will be staying the night in Little Rock one night, heading to Nashville to visit some friends for 2 nights, then head to NC and then back through MO to visit my family.

6. We've gotten several opportunities to hang out with various members of our home group, I love everyone in our group...so that's been fun!

7. I turned 27 on September 8! For my birthday Eric planned a surprise day at the zoo with friends and family...he got me my favorite ice cream cake from Dairy Queen and then we had dinner at my favorite restaurant...Buck N Loons. It was great and I got lots of fun gifts too :)


8. My Mom, my sister and my niece Leslie are coming into town tomorrow for the weekend. Too bad Hurrican Ike is visiting for the weekend too...we don't get to do any of the fun outdoor stuff I had planned :(

9. I started a new bible study with Jillian and Angela (of the Smiths and the Walkers that I mentioned earlier) and am really excited about it!

10. Eric is almost done with school! Just 2 more weeks...

4 comments:

Bex said...

i'm not happy that you are going to be gone. what will i do for a lunch buddy?

Lauren Williams said...

i think book 6 was my fave. it was tramatic for me to wait a whole year for book 7.
glad you had a good birthday! good birthdays are important to me for some reason :)

Anonymous said...

im so excited for you to read book 7. you will love it.
s

Anonymous said...

hey, ya'lls road trip sounds super fun! I'm excited that ya'll are getting to go. and yay because i like you!