Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Vacation

Thanksgiving was awesome this year...Eric and I took off two extra days on top of our two days we already get for Thanksgiving. It's been very relaxing and fun, but I'm definitely ready to get back to work. I think I have bed sores from sleeping in and watching movies all day :) But, we also got a lot of stuff done.

1. We put our Christmas Decorations!

2. We cleaned the house, we had Thanksgiving Dinner here with Eric's parents. I made my first Turkey..and it tasted good! Eric was proud.

3. We went Christmas Shopping and got almost all of our families' gifts and wrapped them.

4. We watched a bunch of movies that we rented from the library. I watched two more discs of Lost Season 2 (I'm rewatching them again so I can be ready for Season 5 in January) and ordered Lost Season 4 which will be here December 9!

5. We spent some good quality time together.

6. We went to our 2nd counseling session at c3. At that counseling session I learned that I am fearful and that fear makes me controlling and that controlling makes me angry when it doesn't go my way. Oops. But, it was good and I'm excited to keep learning because I want to be a better wife and I want to learn how to be a godly woman.

7. We did a lot of updating to our new ipods and our computer. We had to make some changes because our music was taking up the whole hard drive. But, since we have a lot of the same stuff we combined our itunes and made two different playlists, one for me and one for Eric so that we can add other stuff that the other person doesn't want.

8. I had "Bible Study" with Angela and Jillian and we listened to Rock Ballads and sang along :)

9. Jillian and David came over for dinner and we watched "Tommy Boy" (neither of them had ever seen it, so we had to put our friendship on hold until they watched it with us) and played lots of Wii.

10. We sold our mineral rights and made some money to help pay off our cars!

So, see, it wasn't all that lazy I guess :) I hope everyone's holiday was as fun and restful as ours. Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Jillian Smith said...

"So now I coooooooooooooooome to yooooooooouuuuuuuuuu.... with oooooooooooooooooopen aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarms.... Nothing to hide... Believe what I say............"

Awesome.

Lauren Williams said...

Wow- i lost my train of thought due to those great Mariah lyrics.
..
Yep- gone.

The Walkers said...

I really do think rock ballads should be a part of every Bible study...