Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Update

So these are some of the things that have been fun and some things I have learned in the past month:

1. Eric and I went on vacation/to a marriage retreat! We got to see some great friends in Nashville, family in Little Rock and Missouri and spend lots of quality time together in beautiful Ashville, NC. The biggest thing we learned was how to communicate better, i.e. to start having a "conference" with each other every week and ask the questions:
a. What concerns you?
b. What are your hopes/dreams?
c. What are you willing to do?

2. We went to Staff Retreat (see previous post for all of the details on that one)

3. We went camping with some friends, The Walkers, The Sandlins, The Smiths and we met new friends as well...Chad and Ashley and Mark and Sarah. We played lots of Mafia and had lots of good camping talks....and we saw two skunks. I love my friends.

4. I got a new car...a Pontiac Vibe...it's Mystic Blue and I love it.

5. I've been learning to pray for my family more, for salvation for those who don't know Jesus specifically. The Lord has been teaching me to trust Him in this and allow Him to move even if I think it's hopeless...it's not hopeless.

6. Fear comes from the enemy and faith comes from God.

7. Home Group and my Bible Study are great! It's been fun going deeper and having accountability close by. Fun, and hard all at the same time.

8. We have been having Staff/Elder Dessert Nights once a month with The Pattersons. We are taking turns at our houses.

9. Mute Math came out with a new song today. It's on the Twilight Soundtrack. You can listen to it here.

10. This is my favorite time of year! I love Christmas and I love decorating and buying presents and spending time with family! My parents will be here visiting soon, then we are going to Missouri for Christmas vacation. I love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like number six the best.... i needed to hear that. fear has been paralyzing me the past few weeks. yay for thursday!

Anonymous said...

I love the list. I like #4 b/c I just got a new car too. Fun! And #5 and #6 are definitely on my list as well.

We had a ton of fun Thur night. Thank you again for having us over! :)

Nat Pat said...

ok now i'm all caught up on your blogging! :)