Monday, December 29, 2008

a week in missouri

We are on our way back from Missouri and I'm real bored...so I figured I would blog about our trip :) It wasn't very eventful, but it was fun and restful. We left last Monday and got there around 5:30 that evening. We just ate dinner and spent time talking to the family...I think we watched "A River Runs Through It" that night...it was my first time....it was boring.

Tuesday we woke up to ice covering everything...so I didn't feel like I needed to take a shower since we weren't going anywhere. We watched Lost Season 4 all day with my parents. We got them addicted last year...especially my Mom (which is crazy because she NEVER watches TV or movies and if she does, she doesn't care about them so she doesn't sit through the whole thing)...she LOVES it and then it started clearing up so my sister and her family came over for dinner.

Wednesday the weather was back to normal completely...so Mom, Sis and I went for a walk...then that night we ate dinner together again...I think...then we went to a town called Wirth, AR where there is a family that goes all out decorating with lights and checked it out. Oh and also it's tradition for me and my parents to open presents on Christmas Eve...so we did that too. We got them an indoor/outdoor themometer and some moon pies (dad really likes moon pies) and I got a target gift card and ipod cover and Eric got a Lowe's gift card and Iron Man on bluray.

Thursday was Christmas! The whole fam...my brothers family and my sisters family all came over and had breakfast. We draw names so we exchanged gifts and just sat around and played games and talked. Mom, sis and I went walking again...to work off the breakfast. Then we all went to the movies...we ended up going to see all different movies, but Eric and I went with mom and dad to see Seven Pounds. I liked it...Eric didn't. Everybody else split up between Marley and Me, Yes Man, and that Benjamin Button movie.

Friday Mom, Eric and I went to Springfield...which is about 2 1/2 hours from Thayer. We went shopping...had to spend those gift cards. Then had lunch with one of my great friends and old roomates from college...Kristin and her new roomate. It was great to see her...by the time we left the mall...we were exhausted though and headed back home. We finished watching Lost...I can't wait until Season 5...January 21!!! Party at our house

Anyways...back on track. Saturday we didn't do anything..we just relaxed and rented a bunch of movies. We watched "Ghostown" "Eagle Eye" and "Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia)". Ghostown was excellent...Eagle Eye was good, but stressful. Prince Caspian was boring.

Sunday, we went to church. Had lunch with the family, took naps, and then we went to dinner with Mom and Dad .

Monday morning we left at 7:34 and we are on our way home. I'm excited because I miss Lenny and Pedro...I miss our house and our friends and especially The Village. It'll be good to be home...only 2 hours to go!

No comments: