Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas is here!

Angela and Jillian wanted me to post a story about getting angry at Kroger the other day at a guy that looked like Harry Potter. But, I'm over it, so I don't want to bring up any bitter feelings :) Instead I'm going to update on what's been going down lately in my life.

Things are great! We are still going to counseling. I've been learning a lot about trusting the Lord. Mostly I've just been praying for more faith and trust lately. I realized I've been walking in a lot of fear, which means I've really been walking in a lot of pride and there's no reason. I should be walking in freedom because Christ has set me free...but for some reason I think I need to be in control, which is scary, which is where the fear comes in. So, it's been an interesting journey, but good.

Looking back on this year is exciting. At the beginning of the year my hope for the year was to spend time growing in every area of my life...health, marriage, work, even all the little things that I used to think were not a big deal. The Lord has definiately been gracious to bring things in those various areas to light and to help me desire change. Of course there are still several areas that will be a continuous work, but I'm glad to know that the Lord hasn't given up on me and never will.

This year has also been a great year of building relationships. We have formed deeper relationships with several friends and are excited to see these relationships continue to grow...we feel like family and it's a great feeling to have those types of relationships. Of course the staff has grown closer as well and I am thankful to say I still love my job and the people I work with...it is a huge blessing.

All that to say...2008 was a good year...I'm excited to see what 2009 will bring. I do know we will at least be bringing in the New Year with some fun friends...so that means 2009 will definiately start out great!

As far as the holiday season goes, we will be celebrating with Eric's family tonight and then heading to Missouri to spend time with my family next week. It will be a nice break and hopefully an encouraging and restful time. I hope everyone has a great Christmas!

2 comments:

Jillian Smith said...

I still think the Harry Potter story would've made a good post... just sayin'.... :)

Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that 2008 was a good year for you and hope 2009 is even better! Merry Christmas! :)