Monday, February 16, 2009

Update....

Okay, so it's time to update. I kind of forgot I had a blog for a while...oops. Anyways, things are good....I like 2009. What has happened so far this year?
1. Eric and I are learning how selfish we are like every day. Counseling is still really great and John has been such an amazing encouragement to us. It's been so good for our marriage and our outside relationships. The biggest thing I'm learning is that communication is important, not only with my husband, but with our community. So, I'm learning how to be vulnerable to tell people what is going on with me...even if I don't think it's important. It's hard, but good.

2. We celebrated our 3 year anniversary! We went to The Inn on Lake Granbury and it was amazing! It was highly recommended by The Bleeckers and now we highly recommend it too! I can't believe we've been married for 3 years...it seems like only a few months still.

3. My boss went to Africa! Josh has been in Africa for the past 2 weeks with Jeremy Pace (Missions Pastor), Matt Elkins (Missions Associate), Dick McFarland (elder candidate), and John Wright (elder candidate and our home group leader). Vernon was with them while they were in Sudan as well, but he's back now. I thought I would be really bored while Josh is gone, but there has been plenty to do...although I really do miss him. I'm excited that they'll be back on Thursday, but I think everybody will be...we all miss him. The Village just isn't the same when he's gone :)

4. Eric tried to take me out on a surprise Valentine's date to Kobe Steaks, but they don't take reservations on the weekend. So, we got there only to find out we would have to wait for 4 hours to eat...I wasn't about to wait for 4 hours to eat! So, we tried the Magic Time Machine across the street, it was 2 1/2 hours. As we were driving towards home trying to figure out what to do, knowing that since we didn't have any reservations for anywhere it would be the same no matter where we went. Except Golden Corral...so we went to Golden Corral. It wasn't bad, but don't ever get steak there...it's not good. All in all, at least we had a good time and he got me a new Mute Math shirt!

5. Eric tried to amend our Valentine's dinner by taking me to Kobe Steaks the next day..it was a 2 1/2 hour weight...soooo we ate at Magic Time Machine. Cinderella was our waitress, it was fun! We will have to go to Kobe Steaks on a day that we can make a reservation.

6. Mute Math came out with a new EP! 3 of the songs are the same song, just different versions and there is one other song...but I still like it. They also launched a new web site.

7. The Village also launched the much anticipated new web site! It has changed my life.

8. We've gotten to hang out with lots of fun friends!

9. The new season of Lost started...it's amazing.

10. I was convicted to spend more time praying...so I have committed to pray at certain times of the day every day. I mean I always try to pray when I think of it, but I need to commit to spend more time in intentional prayer for every day things...not just big needs at the time. So, it's been good. Feel free to hold me accountable to this.

1 comment:

Nick R. said...

Met Eric at Men's Bible Study this morning. Great guy! Now my comments:
1. Counseling is a great thing. Worked wonders for Katie & I.
2. We'll have to check that place out one day.
5. I haven't been there is years! That place is awesome!
7. New site is friggin' amazing!
9. Love... this... show...
10. Ditto.