Friday, March 6, 2009

I don't really know what to post....

But, I feel compelled to write something...so I'm just going to start with an update...although there isn't much to update on. We did our taxes last night and are getting a great tax return since we bought a new house last year! So, we are going to pay off Eric's car and the amount we owe his school (which we just found out we owed because nobody ever told us). So, that's exciting...two less bills!

We helped out with Spin Weekend last weekend...it is basically a disciple now that we do at The Village every year for the Student Ministry. It was a blast! It was my first time to really do anything with the Student Ministry, so it was fun to see all the kids there and they were really involved. I found out later that most of the students that attend at The Village are not believers, so it was exciting to know so many are comoing and hearing the gospel every week. I know Blake and everybody in the student ministry love those kids so much, so it's just cool to know the Lord is moving in the ministry. Also, By the Tree came! So, I got to hang out with my sweet friends all weekend. Ben and Amy are starting a new band (with the drummer and guitarist that have been playing with By the Tree) and they will be known as "Davis"...so be on the look out for them...I'm sure their music will be awesome!

I wrote my life story along with Jillian and Angela and we have been sharing them with each for the past few weeks. It has been really encouraging for all 3 of us and I'm so glad we are going through the study that we are. I have just been really challenged to be more encouraging to people who play big roles in my life and to also be more obedient to every little thing I feel like the Lord is asking of me...instead of putting it off. Even if it's just an email or a phone call.

Anyways, that's really all there is to talk about. We have been really busy, but work and marriage have been good. We are learning a lot!

1 comment:

The Walkers said...

We are ready for a post about ticks!
Love,
The whole blogging community, especially Angela