Friday, May 23, 2008

Memphis Trip



Our trip to Memphis/Missouri was awesome! We had so much fun with Josh and Angela...and the best part is, we're still friends even after spending that much time together and them experiencing my home town :) We left on Wednesday afternoon last week and drove straight through to Memphis...we got there around 12:30 AM. We stayed at the Hyatt...it was really nice! They room was super cool and it had a big screen TV...we had rooms next door to each other that were identical. Thursday morning we woke up and went to Gibson's Dounuts (owned by Bleecker's cousin). We tried to take a group picture with the sign in the background...as you can see it didn't go so well.



A lady named Teresa pulled into the parking lot rolled down her window laughing and asked if we were trying to take a group picture. She said "I thought ya'll was handicapped" and offered to take a real picture for us. As you can see, she stood about 4 miles away from us to make sure she got the whole sign in the picture :)





After Gibson's we headed to Graceland. It was pretty cool! We had fun, and it was interesting to hear more about Elvis' life. I didn't know very much.



Next we went to lunch at The Rum Boogey Cafe...we had some good BBQ there and took a picture on their stage...the guy told us to look like rockstars...as you can see...I didn't really know what was going on, so I just looked normal.

We walked around downtown...it was cool, there was live music and lots of BBQ joints everywhere!

After that we went to Sun Studios...which to me was the coolest part of the trip. Because Elvis, U2, Johnny Cash and many others recorded in the very room we were standing in. We were literally standing right next to the drums that Adam Clayton played whey U2 recorded Rattle and Hum. So weird! It was cool, unfortunately we forgot to bring our camera in....lame.

It started to rain while we were in the studios, so we decided to grab some more BBQ and just hang out at our hotel. We watched The Office and Lost.





Friday we woke up and enjoyed a nice relaxing breakfast in the hotel lobby and then headed to my parent's house in MO. We stopped at a few antique shops on the way and ended up buying some reall cool stuff...since both couples are buying houses really soon, we had a good time picking out new stuff. The sad part is, we had to leave it with my parents so they can bring it when they come in July because we couldn't fit everything in our car :) Anyways, we had my Dad's Birthday Party Friday night...then Saturday we spent the day "seeing the sights of Thayer." Don't blink you might miss them. We went to Mammoth Spring State Park and to Grand Gulf State Park. It was a beautiful day! This is where I grew up!

My nephew graduated from High School Saturday night and we saw some old friends that I graduated with as well. Then, Sunday morning we headed back home. It was the greatest trip ever!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I LOVE IT! after you left the hospital I realized i totally forgot to ask about your trip! SOO FUN! I guess i got my answers by your post! I was laughing out loud when i clicked on the pic of you and Eric on the Caboose....so great! love you! thanks for coming to welcome Baby Justus!

Anonymous said...

yay andrea! it sounds like you guys had so much fun! hey... lets hang out again soon because i like you!

Nat Pat said...

looks like fun! love the pic in front of the donut shop. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip you guys had!! I feel like I haven't seen you around the office much b/c you guys had the retreat thing last week, me with Transform, etc. I've been meaning to ask you how the house stuff was going. Did Jon's tips for the popcorn ceiling help at all???

Lauren Williams said...

i am going to need some before and after pics of that house- and a special highlighting of the lines that i taped :) heh!